Prix Don Quichotte au festival de Berlin, 1999
Prix de la FIPRESCI au festival de Chicago, 1998
Prix du meilleur premier film de la Guilde des historiens et critiques de cinéma de Russie au festival « Kinotavr » de Sotchi, 1998
Epic drama. Parable.
The epic panorama concerns the journey of some men (muzhiks),
whose land ëhas been sold by somebodyí for oil development; a
journey from the provinces to the capital to find the truth, from
the Urals up to Moscow to search for the man responsible for
the misfortunes. Let him tell them, the Russian muzhiks, what
he has done with the land and why he has taken away from them
the last thing they had... Their journey is accompanied by
themes and myths of Russiaís film classics.
Pyotr Lutsikís only work as director became the first cult film
of the post-perestroika period.
- Eisenstein Prize for the Script ìThe Wild Fieldî (film title
- Special Jury Prize in the Debut Competition, ëfor the bold
search of new paths in cinematic artí, Honorary Diploma of
the Guild of Film Critics and Film Scholars of Russia, ORFF
Kinotavr, Sochi, 1998;
- Prize of the FIPRESCI, IFF Chicago, 1998;
- National Award of the Guild of Film Critics and Film
Scholars, ëGolden Ariesí (1998), for Best Debut Film;
- Prize ëDon Quixoteí, International Jury of Film Clubs, IFF
Berlin, Forum, 1999;
- International Prize of Freedom ëPhilipp Morris Freedomí, IFF
Karlovy Vary, 1999, and other prizes.